birth doula services include:
- 1-2 prenatal visits (depending on your needs and desires) where we will get to know each other, discuss your birth preferences, write up your birth plan, and talk through all questions, hopes, and fears.
- birth plan: which I will write up for you after we discuss your preferences
- unlimited email/ text/phone correspondence
- I will go on call for you the two weeks before your estimated due date
- continual physical and emotional support from the time you desire me, through your labor, birth, and immediate postpartum.
- keepsake birth timeline mapping out the key points of labor and birth
- labor/birth photos (if desired)
- 1 postpartum visit to process your birth and so I can snuggle that sweet baby of yours!
I would love to meet you for a free consultation to see if we are a good fit for each other
What exactly does a Doula do?
I get this question a lot. (though doulas are becoming more and more the norm now here in the NW!) My role as a doula looks different with each family I support. My desire is to fill in the voids of your birth team but never replace the important role each person naturally plays. For some this means I am your #1 support person, the one who physically supports your every need. For others I am the one that will help your partner fill that role. I 100% believe in our bodies ability to birth our babies so I will keep you moving in different laboring positions to find comfort, relief and encourage progression. I will advocate for your rights, beliefs, and desires, as well as be a sounding board to help you navigate all that happens surrounding your labor and birth. It is impossible to know exactly what my support will look like in your specific labor/birth until we are there, but I promise to provide the absolute best support I can to fit your individual needs.
I have experience in home, birth center, water, hospital, vbac, un-medicated, medicated, induction and cesarean births.